WAIVER OF LIABILITY, MEDICAL RELEASE, PHOTOGRAPHY/VIDEO RELEASE & INDEMNIFICATION AGREEMENT
I hereby waive, release and discharge any and all claims and damages for personal injury, death, or property damage which I, or my minor children, may sustain or which may occur as a result of my own participation, or that of my minor children, in Davis Arts Center classes and other activities.
I further understand and agree that:
- This release is intended to discharge in advance the Davis Arts Center, its officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liability, except for their sole negligence or intentional acts, connected in any way with my participation or my minor children’s participation in Davis Arts Center activities;
- Such classes and activities may be of a hazardous, strenuous, and/or physical nature, and participation in said activities may result in injury, death or property damage;
- Knowing the risk involved, nevertheless, I voluntarily request permission for myself or my minor child to participate in said activities;
- I hereby assume any and all risks of injury, death or property damage and to release and hold harmless Davis Arts Center, its officers, employees & agents, except for their sole negligence or intentional acts;
- This waiver, release and assumption of risk is binding on me and my heirs and assigns;
- I will indemnify and hold Davis Arts Center harmless from any loss, liability, damage, cost or expense, including litigation, which it may incur as a result of any injury and/or property damage which myself or my minor children may sustain while participating in said activities;
- I will compensate any loss, damage, or cost Davis Arts Center may incur if any litigation arises due to any claim made by myself, said minors, or by anyone on said minor’s behalf;
- In the event that said minor requires medical or surgical treatment while under the supervision of Davis Arts Center personnel in connection with said activities, such supervisor may authorize treatment;
- I will pay all medical, hospital, or other expenses which I or my minor children may incur as a result of such treatment;
- Activities are not child care as defined by the State of California;
- Davis Arts Center is not responsible for unattended children on the premises before or after classes for which they are enrolled;
- I expressly allow, and hereby waive any objection to, the Davis Arts Center photographing and/or videotaping of me and/or my minor children when I and/or my minor children are participating in Davis Arts Center programs;
- I understand and agree that all photographs and videotapes will remain the property of Davis Arts Center, and that the Davis Arts Center may use such photographs or videotapes for archival and promotional purposes, including their use in Davis Arts Center catalogs, brochures, other printed materials, and in Davis Arts Center online web pages. Davis Arts Center will take all necessary precautions to keep names and ages of participants confidential unless otherwise requested.
I certify that I have custody or am the legal guardian of said minors by court order, and that I and my minor children are physically able to participate in the described activities.
I have carefully read this Waiver of Liability, Medical Release, Photography/Videotape Release and Indemnification Agreement and fully understand its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability and a contract between myself and Davis Arts Center, and that I sign it of my own free will. Davis Arts Center may accept future phone, mail, online, or in-person registrations under these provisions.
I also understand the Refund and Late Fee Policies, and the potential consequences thereof, set forth by Davis Arts Center and agree to such terms.