Administrative Assistant, Davis Arts Center Job responsibilities:
- Customer service for front desk, class registrations, phone inquiries and class registrations in accordance with correct database system procedures.
- Under supervision of Office Manager, open/close cash drawer as needed; manage cash transactions
- Assist with class database entry, catalog preparation and distribution.
- Supervise volunteers in the office; assist with volunteer database management, as needed.
- Assist with facility rentals, mailings, class management, calendar management, and other office projects, as needed.
- Assist with facility set up and takedown for classes and special events as needed; open and close facility in accordance with procedures.
- Provide assistance for gallery receptions, special events and other programming.
- Collect and organize participant feedback in classes, gallery and special events for management use.
- Monitor inventory of office supplies, cleaning and facility supplies.
- Provide daily facility upkeep: Monitor bathrooms and stock with paper/soap products as needed. Monitor classrooms and hallways for cleanliness. Perform minor repairs as needed.
- Under supervision of Deputy Director, post to social media and community calendars.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Hours: Monday – Thursday: 12:30pm-7:15pm Some Saturdays: 10:00am-3:00pm [25-30 hours per week]
Qualifications and Experience:
- College degree desirable; must have customer service and cash transaction experience
- Proficiency in MS Office; familiarity with Altru database system preferred, with ability to learn new software as needed
- Flexible hours, ability to work evenings/weekends
Email résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone queries or walk-ins. Application closing date is January 31, 2015.